Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tribute to all the mom's who lost children on 9/11...


I want to again thank Paula Abrahms from Schnectedy, NY (herself a mom who has lost 2 children - Danielle in 1984 and Steven in 1999) for sending this to me last year for our blog on 9/11 – I know that we used it last year when she sent it to us, but I’m sure you won’t mind if we use it again.  I hope you will join me in this prayer, as we all remember all the mom's who lost children on that dreadful morning that we now refer to as 9/11. Cherie Houston


On a beautiful Tuesday morning, ten years ago today “September 11th, 2001” in just moments, 2,996 mothers lost their children. Of the 2,996 – this includes the 2,977 innocent victims and the 19 highjackers.

Yes that morning mothers of 246 victims were on the four planes, the two that struck the towers in New York, the one that struck the Pentagon and the 4th that went down in a field in Shanksville, PA; mothers of 2,606victims in New York City who were in the towers or on the ground, mothers of 125 at the Pentagon in Washington. Not that it matters to these moms, but of all the deaths that morning, all were innocent civilians except for 55 innocent military personnel who were killed in the attack on the Pentagon…

This morning please join us and take a moment to remember these moms and their entire extended families, who continue on the same journey that we are each on. And I hope that you will also join take a moment to say this prayer, that we ~ like they, can find the strength needed to continue moving forward on this journey from mourning to joy.

This day is remembered and quietly kept
I pray to God that we never forget,
Yes the blow was hard, the shock severe,
So many lost, so much fear amidst the tears

I pray its true they still live on in the hearts and minds,
Of the loving families, that they left behind
No longer here in our life to share,
But in our hearts – they are always there

Our love for them and theirs for us, can never go away,
I think they are with us every day
Unseen and unheard, but always near,
So loved, so missed, and so very dear.

Yes its hard for sure when we’re left behind
Trying to move forward, praying for some peace of mind
Time and faith and kinds words when spoken
Will help heal our hearts that were so badly broken

Good Lord Above
Please grant strength and peace
to all 9/11 moms and families


And take a moment to visit the website dedicated to the 911 Memorial being dedicated today in New York City, NY in memory of all who lost their lives...

http://www.911memorial.org/

My husband Dan and I took 2 of our children to New York this summer and we were blessed to be able to visit the memorial.  To me it is humbling and actually takes your breath away; I knew the buildings well - having been there many times on business... I think the design chosen is and will continue to be a perfect memorial to all who are there-may they rest in peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment