Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Grieving Fathers Prayer

As so many celebrate Father's Day today, please remember those dads & grandfathers with angel children & grandchildren, who are on the same grief journey and share that  same sense of loss that we felt on Mother's Day.. how well they too know that never ending heartache that time can't erase..  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers and if you see them today, give them a special hug and remind that you remember them and their child and their pain and pray that they find peace and joy in their child/children's memories..

A Grieving Father’s Prayer
~ written by Laura/Heavenly Lights Children’s Memorial ~ www.heavenlylights.homestead.com

 Our Father… Who art in heaven…
I come to you with a heavy heart today…
I know you know… but I have lost my child…
And am feeling like I lost my way.

People seem to think I am so strong…
I am not invincible…I am not superman…
I am just a grieving father… missing my child
And could use a friendly helping hand.

I have always been the fixer-upper type of dad…
I could fix anything…ever since I was ten…
But I cannot fix the clock of time…
But, Please God, can you help me wind it up again?

Please bless all the grieving fathers…
Each hour throughout this day…
With the strength to keep moving ahead…
Even one baby step at a time…would be okay.

Please bless all grieving fathers…
Each day throughout this week…
And guide them on their journey of grief…
As the meaning of life they do seek.

Please bless all grieving fathers…
Each week this whole month through…
With memories to last a lifetime…
And understanding friends to turn to.

Please bless all grieving fathers
Each month throughout this year…
With hugs to comfort…in our time of need
And people to realize our grief doesn’t disappear.

Please bless all grieving fathers…
Each year until the end of time…
With faith in You…to see us through
From sunrise to sunset…for our whole lifetime.

Please God Bless all grieving fathers…
Each day throughout this year…
As seasons change…
And time unfolds…
Day by day…
Month by month…
Year by year…
And especially today…on this Father’s Day.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment