Thursday, February 11, 2010

THE LEGEND OF SAINT VALENTINE

According to legend the Valentine takes its name from a young Christian priest who lived in ancient Rome. Like so many of the early Christians, Valentine had been imprisoned because of his faith.

Often and longingly he thought of his loved ones and wanted to assure them of his well-being and of his love for them. Beyond his cell window, just within reach, grew a cluster of violets. He picked some of the heart-shaped leaves and pricked them with the words: “Remember Your Valentine,” and send them off by a friendly dove. On the next day, and the next, he sent more messages that simply said, “I love you.”

Thus did the Valentine have its beginning. And so it has been through the ages- those who love, remember – and send Valentines to express their love.

So remember...
I’M THERE INSIDE YOUR HEART
~ author aunknown ~

Right now I’m in a different place, And though we seem apart,
I’m closer than I ever was…. I’m there inside your heart.

I’m with you when you greet each day And while the sun shines bright,
I’m there to share the sunsets, too… I’m with you every night.

I’m with you when the times are good, To share a laugh or two,
And if a tear should start to fall…I’ll still be there for you.

And when that day arrives, That we no longer are apart,
I’ll smile and hold you close to me…..Forever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment