Monday, August 27, 2012

He is Gone - But Certainly not forgotten....

Happy Birthday Bobby – Yes today you would have been 39!! 

What an incredible man you were my son.  Oh I’m not forgetting for a moment the difficulties and sadness of the last 20 months before you chose to leave us and that's something I promise we'll discuss when I join you, but that's a painful place that I've chosen not to dwell in..  

Instead, I try to concentrate on all that you were - your bright smile, the enormous warmth and power of your hugs, your unending zest for life and always projecting the positive attitude that the glass was half full and never half empty, all the incredible memories of a happy life and all that you’ve left behind for all of us, especially those two beautiful little boys who are growing like weeds and no doubt carry your spirit in so many ways…  Anyone who knew you can’t help but smile and agree that you crammed more life into your short 36 years than most do in a lifetime, so soar with the angels and thank you for being my son…

I want to thank Susan Beazine, for sending me this wonderful poem a few months ago.  It certainly speaks to how I want to feel about my three angel children: Bobby and my daughters Robin & Randee…Cherie Houston

 HE IS GONE
~ by David Harkins

You can shed tears that he is gone
Or you can smile because he has lived

You can close your eyes and pray that he will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see him
Or you can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember him and only that he is gone
Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back

Or you can do what he would want: 
smile, open your eyes, love and go on

We love & miss you Bobby...

No comments:

Post a Comment