Thursday, February 14, 2013

Today is Valentines Day-A Dozen Roses


Today is Valentine's Day, and whether or not you celebrated the holiday before, it is ever so painful to not have our children around to say those words to.  Here is a poem that Anne at the Tony Brown Foundation wrote to help celebrate the love we all share for our children.
~ Anne at the Tony Brown Foundation (2011)

A DOZEN ROSES

If I had a dozen roses,
I know just what I’d do
I’d give each one a name
 that reminded me of you

The first rose I’d call sunshine
because you brighten everyday
The second would be beauty
the kind that never goes away

The third rose would be priceless
like those hugs you gave to me
I’d name the fourth rose silly
oh how funny you could be

Rose five of course is patience
something you have helped me find
The sixth rose would be memories
the gift you left behind

The seventh and the eighth rose
would for sure be faith and grace
Nine would be unique because
no one can take your place

The tenth rose well that’s easy
I’d simply name it love
Eleven would be angel
I know you’re watching from above

I’d think about that twelfth rose
and I’d really take my time
After all these roses
are for you my Valentine

I’m sending them to heaven
in every color that I know
So twelve I’ll name forever
that’s how long I’ll love you so

No comments:

Post a Comment