Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Jelly Bean Poem for Grieving Families

~ Written by Laura from Heavenly Lights Children’s Memorial~


RED is for my love for you that will never sever…..
For love is not measured by the time we had together….
but what’s in our hearts forever.

GREEN is for memories that I will always treasure…
Although time may pass…our memories will last…forever and ever.

YELLOW is for the sunshine that you gave to me…
You brightened up my life and made my world shine,
and will continue to shine brilliantly for the rest of time.

ORANGE is for the candles flame I light in memory of you…
Flame that glows so bright as I speak your name in prayer..
Asking God to hold you close…until I join you there.

BLACK is for the grief from my broken shattered heart.
Taking each day one at a time….as I keep your memory alive..
Life is different, I am different….but I CAN and WILL survive.

PURPLE is for tears I shed as I remember you….
Precious memories you left behind….preserved deep inside…
You will always live on through our family….forever by our side.

WHITE is for my hope and faith in God above…
The promise of resurrection….knowing we will reunite..
Above the clouds…over the rainbow…in His everlasting light.

PINK is for the signs you send from Heaven up above…
Lighting my path wherever I go and whatever I may do….
My precious child, I will always love and remember you.
On Easter…..For Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment