Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

When I was considering how to acknowledge today - Father's Day - I wanted to find an appropriate poem.  I thought of our children who would want to speak to their dads, for those of our children who might have been dads, such as my own son Bobby and what we or their children might say to them..  or just the concept of what makes a dad.  I hope you will find that both of these, reflect all those things… Remember to wish a dad well today..especially a dad who has lost a child....so to all "dads" here and in heaven.....

~~ Both Authors are Unknown
YOU NEVER
You never said I'm leaving
You never said goodbye
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knew why

A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried
If Love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died

In Life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a place,
That no one could ever fill

It broke my heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone
For part of me went with you,
The day God took you home.


WHAT MAKES A DAD

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment