Thursday, August 5, 2010

Exceprt from "When the Bough Breaks"

Like many of us I'm sure, I've lost count of the books I've read since my son Bobby's death September 19th, 2009.  Prior to reading this book, I read a review on the book and the review stated:
With great honesty and empathy this book acknowledges that no family ever “recovers” from the tragedy of losing a child, but rather we adapt to a life irretrievably altered” and I agree.
This book has become a personal favorite and I wanted to share one excerpt with you, which I hope reminds you that the changes we continue to feel on this journey from mourning to joy are “normal”… Cherie Houston

We know that our grief will never end. We will mourn for our children every day for the rest of our lives. We will never return to normal. But we will live again. We will be able to enjoy the bittersweet colors of a sunset. We may be productive. Laughter is not out of the question. Life will forever be colored by what has happened. For every parent who loses a child one life ended and another life is indelibly changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment