Friday, August 13, 2010

Troubled Thoughts

Some of you may be enrolled to receive daily inspirational emails from the website: http://www.griefshare.com/


I received this one a while ago and read it often ~ thought you might enjoy it...Cherie H.

You do not need to be constantly burdened by sorrowful thoughts. "Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught" (Psalm 55:1-2).

Author, speaker, and humorist Barbara Johnson lost two of her sons. She shares how God gave her a special memory of one of her sons to replace the bad thoughts that were overwhelming her. She says: "The memory is so special that when I talk about my son and I think about it, God windshield-wipes the pain, and I can enjoy the other memories and think on things that are good and happy and fun and pure. And God, in time, does erase the painful memories. It's so important to think of the fun times."

Ask God for a special memory of your child to replace the negative pictures in your mind. Focus your thoughts on that special memory. Share it with others, and treasure it.
Lord God, remind me of the happy memories, the fun times, and the laughter, and may those memories bring a smile to my face and to others around me

No comments:

Post a Comment