Friday, March 25, 2011

My Unborn Child

by Marigrace Iodice
MY UNBORN CHILD

I never got to see your face Or even give you a name
But in my heart, you hold a special place
And for that, I would never be the same

I’ll never hear you laugh or cry
Or hold you in my arms tenderly
I’ll never know the color of your eyes
But I will still love you endlessly

I never got to hold your hand
I never got to sing you a lullaby
I will never come to understand
Why murderers run free and innocent souls die

I’ll always have my suspicions
Why God took you from me
All these unanswered questions
That would burn inside of me

Forever saddened upon this Earth
Crying for you, my unborn child
Never blessed by your birth.

But I’ll be here, unable to smile
You are my shining light in heaven
For one of God’s angels to love Until I get my wings to descend
She’ll take care of you, for me, in Heaven above

You’ll be my Guiding Light to Heaven’s Gate
Where I’ll get to see your Angelic Smile
And even if I never got to see your face
I’ll know in an instant that you are my unborn child!

No comments:

Post a Comment