Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's Mother's Day (Part 9 of 9)

IT'S ANOTHER MOTHERS DAY
~~ written by Judy A. Sittner, from HOPE LINE

Another Mother’s Day!
But a different one this year.
For, you see, I am a Mother
but my child isn’t here.
I am a Mother who is hurting for
this child who was so dear,
as I face this and other occasions
each and every year.

I am a Mother who feels an emptiness
over and over again,
because I miss THIS child and
all that could have been.

I am a Mother who cared as I
watched my child grow
and truly loved her more
than anyone will ever know.

I am a Mother who has memories
and many tears to cry --
over regrets I’ll have to live with
until the day I die.

I am a Mother who is thankful
for the miracle of birth
and all my child taught me about life
and my own self-worth.

I just can’t stop being a Mother
because my child isn’t here,
because the love we had for each other
will continue for years and years.

And so--on this special “Mother’s” Day, I will feel within my heart,
all the pride, love and joy which are the parts that make me
who I am and what I’ll always be.

A MOTHER…….just remember that…….please?

No comments:

Post a Comment