Monday, May 7, 2012

Strength - You are Stronger than you think

STRENGTH
~by Tery Jago, Regina, Canada~

In the early days of my grief, 
a tear would well up in my eyes,
A lump would form in my throat, 
but you would not know………  I would hide it,
AND, I am STRONG!!

In the middle days of my grief, 
I would look ahead and see that wall
that I had attempted to go around 
as an ever-present reminder of a wall yet unscaled.
Yet I did not attempt to scale it for the strong will survive –
AND I am STRONG!!

In the later days of my grief, 
I learned to climb over that wall – step by step –
Remembering, crying, grieving.
And the tears flowed steadily as I painstakingly went over.
The way was long, but I did make it, 
For I am STRONG!

Near the resolution of my grief, 
a tear will well up in my eyes, 
a lump will form in my throat, 
but I will let that tear fall – and you will see it.

Through it you will see
that I still hurt and I still care.
For I am STRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment