Thursday, December 9, 2010

An Angel's Christmas Wish

~written by Sandy Siewers, written in memory of Cassandra Radke and lovingly lifted from TCF Wabash Valley Chapter Newsletter - 1998

AN ANGEL'S CHRISTMAS WISH

I looked through the clouds and what did I see,
The face of my mother, and her thoughts were of me.

Her eyes filled with tears and her face looked so sad,
My wings fluttered softly and I felt so bad;
For I could do nothing to change how she felt,
Nor could I alter the hand fate had dealt.

My tears fell like raindrops, my heart felt so tight,
I lifted my face to heaven and told God of my plight,
For I can never be free just to fly,
As long as there's one lonely tear in your eye.

My years on earth were spent to please you,
And though what has happened was not my own choice,
The plan, my mother dear, came from a much higher voice.

As the birthday of our Savior and Lord draws so near,
I have a small plea I would like you to hear,
Remember me, Mom, with happiness and smiles,
And know when you do my soul will soar miles.

My wings will be light, and my heart will be free,
In the brightest sunshine is where you'.. see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment