Saturday, December 26, 2009

My First Christmas in Heaven

~ by Unknown
I've had my first Christmas in Heaven, a glorious, wonderful day!
I stood with the saints of the ages, who found Christ, the truth and the Way.
I sang with the Heavenly choir: just think! I who loved to sing!
And, Oh! What celestial music we brought to our Savior and King!

We sang the glad songs of redemption, how Jesus to Bethlehem came,
And how they had called His name Jesus, that all might be saved through His name.
We sang once with the angels, the song that they spoke that blest morn
When shepherds first heard the glad story, that Jesus, the Savior, was born

O dear ones, I wish you had been here. No Christmas on earth could compare
With all the rapture and glory, we witnessed in Heaven so fair.
You know how I always loved Christmas; tt seemed such a wonderful day,
With all of my loved ones around me, the children so happy and gay.

Yes, now I can see why I loved it andnd Oh, what a joy it will be
When you and my loved ones are with me, to share in the glories I see.
So, dear ones on earth, here’s my greeting, look up till the day dawn appears,
And Oh, what a Christmas awaits us, beyond our parting tears.

So smile for me now and be happy and enjoy what's ahead - do not weep
Know I'm here waiting for you - when we'll enjoy a glorious Christmas together again..

No comments:

Post a Comment